How deep should a doll faced Persian kitten's food and water bowl be?

Asked by Member 1118323 on Apr 8th 2014 in Breeds

Answers

I would say no more than three inches high. I have found with smush-faced pets (I say that with affection) that they have an easier time of picking up food from a bowl with a flat bottom. If the bowl is curved, the food moves when they try to put it into their mouths, which can impede their progress when eating. Also add a water bowl in the farthest convenient area possible from the first, because chances are the kitty will take a nap rather than a long walk for a drink. ^_^

Saphira

We feed our two adult Ocicats on regular flat salad plates, not kitty bowls. It just seemed to us easier for them than sticking heads into a bowl. When our younger girl Viola (18 months old at the time) started having some tummy problems, we thought that the fact that she eats VERY fast might be the cause. We treated this by breaking her meals into two parts and feeding them about an hour apart, and second by spreading her food around the plate to make it harder for her to snarf her meals down so fast. Problem solved!

I would use flat plates for your kitty's food, I suspect that the depth of the water bowl is not critical, as long as it can reach it easily and you keep it clean and filled.

Saphira answered on 11/11/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer