How can I stop my cat from doing his business in the front of his litter box and then walking back through it?

Asked by Member 1077181 on Dec 12th 2011 Tagged walkingthroughpoop, litterbox in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

If you mean his business in actually inside the box, he may not have enough room to exit any other way. Try turning the box. You can also purchase a "litter mat" that looks like fake grass that he'll step on. That usually removes the litter from his paws. Also, understand that litter is usually a messy business. I clean my boxes as least once a day and wind up vacuuming as well. I keep a small vacuum near the boxes and just use it to clean up the litter and "stuff". I'm happy that they use the boxes and not my bed or laundry for their needs.