How can I make sure my eccentric cat eats without going insane?

I am at my wits end. My wife and I have three cats and a baby daughter. We don't let the cats in our bedroom where we sleep with the baby. Every morning one of the cats, Azul, cries at the door and scratches up the carpet at the door until I get up to feed them. Earlier this year I had this problem solved by using an automatic food dispenser on a timer to automatically deliver their breakfast. Now Azul cannot be fed dry food because he has been having problems with urinary track blockages. So I have gone back to manually feeding wet food in the mornings. Now I have to feed him on his own in a separate room or the other two cats will eat his food (he has lost 3 pounds this year while Pepper has gained 3 pounds). Now every morning, he cries bloody murder in the other room instead of finishing his food so I can open the door. Please advise. Thank you!

Asked by Member 1212825 on Feb 24th 2014 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Gabriel

I have one cat who has a tendency toward urinary problems and I feed him Purina ONE urinary formula dry food and he hasn't had an attack of urinary problems since I put him on the urinary formula. I feed this cat his dry food in an extra large dog crate and I let him out of the crate when he indicates by his behavior that he's done eating.

I also give my cats fresh water every day. Cats are picky about water, they like their water as fresh as possible. Giving fresh water daily encourages the cats to drink more water.

Gabriel answered on 3/4/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer