how can i make my room a kitty hang out for cheap

with kitty beds, kitty couchs and chairs, kitty art then kitty furniture(cat trees and condos) if you know a site please help

Asked by Member 1063842 on Oct 19th 2011 Tagged kittyhangout in Pet Products

Answers

Cali

The best kitty hang out rooms are the rooms where their favorite humans usually hang out. Cats don't care about what art or decor they have as long as they have some nice places to jump around and can easily come bug you for attention. A cat tree in the corner, a nice little window perch- they will be perfectly content. Beyond that it might be a good idea to save up a rainy-day vet fund for your kitty in case they have any vet emergencies in the future before you go crazy with lavish decorating and fancy pet beds that she might not even use. Trips to an emergency vet can run hundreds of dollars are more so if you really want to spoil your cat get prepared to do everything you can for her if she ever needs it!

Cali answered on 10/19/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Cali is absolutely right. No amount of furniture or toys can make a cat happier than when they are with "their people". Some of them like to sit on our books, newpapers, or in front of our computer monitors and beg for attention, some like to sit on the counter, the kitchen table (during meals!) or the arm of the chair, and some just like to be in the same room with us. As long as we love them unconditionally, just as they love us, take care of them, take them to their vet regularly, and keep them safe, no amount of fancy cat furniture in the world can replace the love they will give back to us one hundred times over.

I agree with the other posters. A cat room is a cool idea... but that doesn't guarantee the kitties will like the beds, toys, furniture, ect. that you pick. Also, as with anything, you get what you pay for. I have found most of the cheaper cat trees and condos are poor quality and wobbley. Cats will not like a tree, condo, or post that is not good and sturdy as they will not feel secure on it. Do you know anyone who can build you a tree or condo reasonably?

I like the idea of putting the money into an emergency vet fund instead. If your cat ever has a medical emergency - the bills can add up quickly. I had a cat that developed a urinary blockage... a trip the animal ER and few follow up visits with my regular vet added up to over $2,000!

Bigode

I agree with Cali! Instead of buying fancy furniture to your cat, that he/she couldn’t use, you should save that money for an emergency fund to you kitten.

I got sick and needed surgery, weekly vet appointment, special diet and expensive medicine. Mommy and daddy gave to me all they could to help me and to give a comfortable and painless live at my end. It was great to me, but was very expensive. The surgery was $ 2,000, my special diet was $300 each week, and so on…

They would do all over again because they love me and they can afford this to me! :)

An emergency fund to take care of your kitten’s health is very important and it is a very interesting idea!!!

Bigode answered on 10/21/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer