How can i get my cat to not be such a jerk to me?

Hello, i have a cat who is almost a year old and he is getting out of control. He is aggressive, bossy, and an all around jerk. He will meow for hours on end as loud as he can while i'm trying to sleep just to piss me off. I have grown attached to him. I don't want to get rid of him... yet. He pisses my roommates off, i just need to know how to get him to calm down. When i get out of bed, he tries to bite my bare skin as hard as he can so that i bleed. However, he is still sweet like 4% of the time. I'd like that to be at least 75%. I give him attention. As much as possible while still working 40+ hours a week. Please help. Thank you. I'd like a good night of sleep.

Asked by Member 1166513 on Apr 22nd 2013 Tagged behavior, jerk, cat, makes, me, bleed in Aggression

Answers

Wiggles

First of all if your cat isn't neutered, he needs to be neutered asap. Your cat sounds like he has anxiety problems. Tell your vet what your cat is doing, the problems you're having with his behavior, and his anxiety behaviors he exhibits. Your vet will be able to give you Prozac or other medication to help calm your cat if your cat has anxiety issues.
You might also try Feliway, an aerosol that sprays a cat calming pheromone into the air that calms cats anxieties and helps with many feline behavior problems.

Wiggles answered on 5/13/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer