Chona

How can I get her to sleep at night?

I adopted my kitty about a month ago. She is 7 months now. I don't let her into my room so she gets lonely and wakes me up 1 to 2 times a night by meowing. I decided to let her in but she wakes me up because she is playing. My coworkers are telling me I look tired and I am. How can I get her to sleep at night? Or stop meowing behind the closed door?

Asked by Chona on May 24th 2013 in Noisiness

Answers

Ghost

Well I would say, if you can... Get another kitty =^.^= my cats keep each other amused allllll night long .. But before I had that option I would have a long play session with kitty before bed. That said, at the age your cat is, there may be no amount of exercise to tire her out .. I would think a second (older) cat would be the best solution.

Ghost answered on 5/27/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Another kitty will help. My kitten sleeps in my daughter's room at night. We wear his butt out before bedtime with toys and the laser pointer, and give him a meal before bedtime. He has learned to sleep all night. If he doesn't then confine him to another room that is not right next to you, maybe run a fan to block out the noise of his crying, those things will help.

Cats are nocturnal creatures. Not only that, but if you are very loving and social with your kitten during the day and then close her away from you at night, she is lonely and scared and wondering where you went and why you "abandoned" her. 2 cats are a good idea if you can afford it, but be prepared for thundering "hooves" at night. My cats chase each other around the house at night. I am a person who likes to sleep with my animals, especially on cold nights or when I am stressed out and for the most part that allows me to get a good night's sleep. But, I understand that not everyone is like I am. As the other poster said, try wearing her out about an hour before bedtime. As she grows, she'll settle down. She will accustom herself to your schedule.