How can I convince my Dad to get me a cat ? I've done everything !

So my Mom is fine with having a cat but my Dad isn't ! I've wrote a paper , done a PowerPoint done soooo much research but nothing worked ! I don't know what else to do! I really really really really want one too ! I get good grades and do what I'm told etc. Please , I would really appreciate an answer.

Asked by Member 1146684 on Dec 26th 2012 Tagged cats, please, dad, not, allowed, money, american, dad, mom, house in Choosing the Right Pet

Answers

Here's the deal: when you go away to school dad is stuck with the cat. When you are a grown-up and have your own place, then you can have a few like me. Until then, get a volunteer job at a shelter where you can play with them, learn about animal care and earn community service hours. Unless you have a place of your own, you cannot expect the people paying your bills to listen to you. Expecting your parents to listen to you is a losing proposition... fyi, no matter how old you are! ^_^