how big does the breed of domestic shart hair cats get to be?

size and weight of a domestic short hair cat

Asked by Member 513858 on Oct 12th 2007 in Domestic Shorthair

Answers

Hunter

All cats vary in size. Some can weigh as little as 5# while others can be 15#. Each cat is different. Since DSH are mixed breed cats and it's difficult to know what breeds are in the mix, it's difficult to give and exact range.

Hunter answered on 10/12/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Loki

I'm currently 11 lbs and still growing, mind you I have ragdoll in me so i grow pretty slow. My vet called me fat though, I don't like her very much. She said domestic average weight is about 9lbs. pfft yeah maybe if I were a top model and not eat any yummy mice cat!

Loki answered on 10/12/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

My Tomino when he was a younger boy weighed 18lbs. I think he's just a regular ole' Tabby Cat but He is Huge! He is soo big he would scare all the other kitties in the neighborhood!!! Truth is he is more like a gental Ben. He now weighs only 16lbs.

Buddy

It does range quite a bit. For example, Nya weighs 7 lbs on a fat day (she's usually around 6), and Buddy weighs 12. He's not overweight, he's just bigger than Nya.

My parents cat boots weighs 17! He might be a touch overweight, but he's also a VERY large cat. His head is twice the size of Buddy's, and he's solid muscle.

Buddy answered on 10/14/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer