How are ragdoll cats with shedding?

Asked by Member 1144105 on Dec 7th 2012 in Grooming

Answers

Batfink

Ragdoll kitties have quite long to medium fur so you can expect a fair amount of hair, although, i find regularly brushing your kitty (which you would need to do with a ragdoll kitty anyway) helps a great deal, i have three cats in the house and I hardly notice any cat hair about.I do hoover three times a day though...hah!

Batfink answered on 12/7/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I had a rag doll for years. Shedding was extremely heavy fall, just before cold weather set in, and spring, when weather turned warm, but during other times of year there was less fur around than with previous shorter haired cats. I wouldn't avoid a rag doll because of shedding problems. Their longer fur doesn't result in more shedding. In fact, the fur was easier to vacuum up and brush off clothes than the fur of short-haired cats. It is soft so it doesn't stick into fabrics. I'm not claiming there was no shedding, but it seemed easy to manage during most times of the year. My cat needed to be brushed during the heavy shedding seasons or she would mat. At all other times she took care of her coat entirely by herself. I never had to brush her when it wasn't shedding season. Her coat always looked good, felt good, and smelled good.