Hi my cat was 9 years old i played with him alot one day he scraped me bad i slapped him on the head . He did not run away or anything he seamed ok i was playing with him after and for rest of week . but then one day he was asleep i put my hand on his head and say hello to him he woke up crying like he got a fright or his head was hurt . But 1 min late he was ok but the next few days he not seam right so of to the vet she checked him all over and say he was ok just ear mites.He seamed ok for few day s but started to go of in the day for longer to be away from the other cats just comen back for food and to sleep a night. After a week of this he came back not able to walk good falling down very weak on his legs crying at other cats i could lift him up and move him he did not cry at me and could still eat food . So back to the vet the vet say he was ok last time but she find blood in his ears and eyes blood on the brain the cat was but to sleep i was so sad . Could this have being me slapping him or a stroke/ brain tumor/head trauma/ he was all ways fighting with are tom cat and did stay out side alot

Asked by Member 1156306 on Feb 21st 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

I am so sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, cats who go outside are exposed to a lot of bad things. They get into fights, come into contact with all sorts of disease and poisons, and a lot of other dangers. It's not possible for us to tell over a computer if you did damage to your cat by hitting him in the head. It's not really a good idea to hit animals, though, especially when you are angry b/c you can hit them harder than you intended to. If the vet didn't do x-rays or blood tests, then it's even more difficult to tell if he picked up something outside or if he was hurt. If he was bleeding into his brain, then it probably was an injury. Maybe not completely caused by your hitting him, but slapping him probably didn't help. I know you are sad to lose your friend, but from now on, when you get angry with one of your pets, you probably should just walk away from them. If you don't want to keep them inside, then make sure they have their shots.

Can't you control your emotions any better than that? You get upset & hitting is the answer? I wouldn't be suprised if that is what killed him. Please don't ever get any more pets & ever have any children until you go through anger management, you grow up or something. I'm sure alot of you will find my answer to be harsh, but how would you react if this person hit YOUR cat upside his or her head, injured your cat & they had to be put to sleep a few days later??? Yeah, that's what I thought!!!