Hi my cat is 11 months old and since she was 2 months old she has been sleeping with me, she will not sleep until she spends quite some time kneading and licking my neck whilst purring quite loudly.When I try to stop her she seems to get upset but doesn't give up. When she is finished she will curl up and fall asleep making sure that she keeps physical contact with me for the whole night.She has been doing this since I bought her and still does it now every night, she never does anything like this with my partner. When I got her she was with her mum and siblings so there are no issues of abandonment or anything like that. This only ever happens ahen it's time to sleep every other time of the day she is a very active and playful cat who cares more about playing than being affectionate. Can anyone explain why she does this? Julia

Asked by Member 1183631 on Aug 2nd 2013 in Answers

Answers

Hello, behaviors can become habits once ingrained. I have a 7 year old that would nurse on my face if I let her, but she was orphaned. Take it as a nice compliment that you're her mom person. You can try to give her a treat when she stops and see if treat training might work, but you don't want to have to continuously provide food in your bed either. ^_^

Mikko

Sounds like she is showing affection to me.
Mikko likes to lay on my head....or in between my legs at night.....every night. When i move him from me head or my neck, he gets upset but then moves in between my legs. So, she is just showing affection, loving you. Hope this helped :)

Mikko answered on 8/15/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer