Hey I'm Carl Lilly's bff! Is it normal for my to lick the air when someone touches behind my tail? Ok?

Let me tell you my story first it might help. Ok I started as a little kitten abandoned in an apartment with my family. The pound picked me up without my family. I had fleas and all sorts of horrible stuff. I went to a shelter and waited and waited no one came. Then one day a goofy grinning guy (my new owner's exboyfriend from highschool) He brought me to his house. I met a weird neratic cat named Luna. I ate and gained weight, and Luna didn't like me very much, so much she wouldn't eat. So they had to get rid of me. Their first choice was a good family with 2 kittens and a older cat. When I met the family they opened their hearts up to me and I felt at home. All the cats liked me. I'm about a year and 8 months old, and already 18 pounds of pure kitty. I have a strange habit... If someone touches behind my tail I'll start licking the air and I'll also lick anything near. Is that healthy or not. Any kitty out the have the same problem?

Asked by Member 1137287 on Oct 23rd 2012 Tagged lick, problem, unhealthy, habits in Skin Problems

Answers

You are so lucky to have found your "furever" home! I am a kitty who also is lucky to have found a good home. I am also a kitty who cannot "hold my likker" 8o) No one knows why. I am not as bad as I used to be which my mom is grateful for b/c she breaks out in a rash from "kitty spit". If people do that to your tail just to tease you, have your new family tell them to stop because it's not nice. No one knows why cats do things like this. It's like a person who twirls their hair or bites their nails. It's just a habit and as long as it's not hurting anyone, it's not doing any harm. Licking is annoying, especially to the "lick-ee", but as long as you are not licking anything toxic, it's just a habit.