Hey Catster community, I was wondering if anyone knew of any resources to transport owned cats? (Besides planes)

I recently learned one of my co-workers at the shelter I work at had to leave her cats back home in Maine when she moved here to work. Currently they are being well cared for by the family, but she is quite distressed at being unable to see them. At this time, she doesn't have the money to transport all four cats via plane. She is trying to find a way to go home to visit and bring them back somehow but hasn't figured it out yet. I was wondering if any of you fellow cat lovers knew of any other more affordable means she might be able to utilize to bring her kitties home?
Thanks in advance and sorry if this isn't the right/best category. I wasn't sure which to choose.

Asked by Member 1170764 on May 17th 2013 Tagged cats, transportation in Car Travel

Answers

You can fly the cats as cargo- reputable breeders do it all the time. Have her call an airline for details and pricing. ^_^