Grace

Help! My mother and daughter cats I've had for five years suddenly don't get along.

I have had my mother-daughter pair for five years, with only the occasional hiss from the mom, and frequent caterwauling during the evenings from the daughter. Both were spayed five years ago. When mom hissed, it was because daughter was annoying her, so she'd stop doing whatever it was that annoyed her mom and all would be well. Now the hiss comes from mom when daughter is simply in mom's line of sight. It is often followed by a long, low growl from mom, at which daughter goes into high alert mode. Sometimes a full on fight will result, though no one has gotten hurt yet. I have taken both to the vet, and both have passed their physicals. I plugged in Feliway a few weeks ago and it hasn't worked, so today I finally put a NurtureCALM 24/7 collar on mom. It's been on for about an hour and she has growled once. I may try a collar on daughter too. Anyone got any other suggestions? I'm just about at the end of my rope with this situation. Your help would be much appreciated!

Asked by Grace on Apr 19th 2012 in Aggression

There are no answers yet. You can:

• Be the first to answer this question!