Hello All, My 7 year old female cat Mojo was diagnosed with a uti. She's on antibiotics and cortisone. It's been th

Also, I started her on a wet food only diet for urinary health and treats with cranberry.

Asked by Member 1185043 on Jan 1st 2014 in Illness & Disease

Answers

A wet only diet will lead to her teeth falling out from decay if you do not have them professionally cleaned every year, which means putting her out. Did you discuss this with her vet? Over the counter urinary foods do not work according to my vet, but prescription diets do, and they also come in dry. Please speak with your vet to make sure that your cat is getting the correct nutrition. Dry food has 3x the protein as wet, so be careful you are not creating a different set of problems for your pet. Cranberry helps for pets and people, but the actual amount found in most treats which is absorbable is minimal. ^_^

You are doing a right thing but I think should also consult with the vet. Vet can tell you the exact problem and also tell the proper solution.