have a 12yrold cat I´m inheriting my son´s 2 bengals.cannot risk Bengals from hurting or killing my cat. What to do?

My cat is not very friendly, she´s very curious as well. Bengals are not used to other pet. When the two bengals get into a fight it´s scary. I´m in distress over all this. Please help. Don´t think euthanizing my cat is morally right, definitely not fair, but I don´t want her to get hurt.

Asked by Member 1153651 on Feb 4th 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Hunter

Is it possible to re-home the two Bengal cats? It would be unfair to you and your cat to have to worry constantly about safety. I would suggest finding new homes for the Bengals instead of taking them on yourself, especially since it sounds like they fight with each other already and would both probably benefit by being the only cat in their own homes.

Hunter answered on 2/5/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Hunter is absolutely right. Not only would you be endangering your own cat who clearly is not "other-cat friendly", but also yourself if you tried to separate the cats during a fight. You could be seriously injured. Why would you euthanize your cat simply because you are taking in your son's two warlords? That doesn't seem fair. Go on google and see if you can find an area Bengal rescue. They may be able to take the cats or suggest someplace else for them. I truly believe that if you take in your son's cats you will be turning your home into a war zone.