Toby

Has anyone tried Pedipaws? I bought it and now am afraid to use it on my cats. Is it as safe as they say?

Asked by Toby on Nov 20th 2008 in Products & Tools

Answers

I bought it but I haven't actually used it yet. You have to put it together and turn it on to introduce your pet to it gradually several times before actually using it on them. Let them hear it and smell it and see that it's not going to hurt them. My dog ran for his life when I even looked like I was thinking about his feet when it was in my hand. But the cats are all super nosey and they came up to sniff it. It seems safe to me as long as you use it the way it says. All it is, is like a rotating emery board surface inside a plastic housing. My only problem is that persians have really hairy feet and it seems harder to get a toenail in there than to just use the regular clippers. I'm pretty sure I wasted my money since the cats were not that hard to clip in the first place.

I agree with Allie. The only thing I've bought recently that performed as advertised was the Furminator. And, for what I paid for it, it had BETTER have worked! It seems to take a while to work on each claw. With a clipper, it's one second and done. I can't see any of the three of my dogs just handing me their paws like the dogs on television do. If you have the receipt, I'd take it back.

I saw it, and I don't think Oscar or the Brat Pack would go for it. They hate the "clip and run" routine. I'm not sure they'll do the "sit still and let Mommy sand down your nails with something that makes noise" thing.