For 2 hours there was no litter in box. 1 of my 2 cats peed inside & outside of the box. 1 is still peeing outside box.

They don't have any medical issues. This is new and only started after the litter incident. For whatever reason one of them is still peeing outside box. They have never done this before and I can only believe that they had an issue with the lack of litter and now are having trouble using box. I'm tired of scrubbing carpet.

Asked by Member 1139175 on Nov 5th 2012 Tagged peeing in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

Cats have delicate little feelings and emotions and who knows what can set them off. If I don't scoop boxes at least once a day, Delilah poops in my tub and pees on the rug in the bathroom. Try getting a large Rubbermaid underbed storage box and put about one and one-half inches of their favorite litter in there. I swear by these large boxes. They cost 1/3 of what a "real" litter box this size would cost. If they continue to "miss" the box, get a tarp from Lowe's and put it under the box. Don't yell at or otherwise punish them even though you're annoyed. They'll view the litter box as a REALLY bad place then. If it continues, check with your vet to see if they want to check them for urinary tract infections. There's really no way to tell if they have one other than a urine sample test.

Apollo

I recommend getting a second liter box. My vet told me that if you have two cats, you need at least 3 liter boxes. Cats are weird like that.

Apollo answered on 11/6/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer