Do you need help with cat urine odors and stains?

A lot of questions on this page deal with cat urine odors and stains. We know that if a cat smells herself on carpeting, clothing or bedding, she'll keep peeing there. Recently, Izzie peed on a pile of clothing on top of my dryer. I read somewhere that using baking soda and vinegar removes even old stains from carpeting. However, I used just baking soda in the wash cycle on these clothes. I used a lot--like half a box for a load and washed in warm water. When the clothes came out of the washer, there was absolutely NO urine smell. Izzie was lucky. 8o) Also, for carpet stains, even old ones, I pour cider vinegar on the stain and cover with baking soda. Cover with a towel so it doesn't get kicked around and let it sit for at least 12 hours. I use my Bissell scrubber on it then but you can use a wet scrub brush and vacuum. The baking soda will turn yellow as it pulls the urine out of the carpet. You can also use "20 Mule Team Borax" (grocery laundry aisle) the same way. This works!!!

Asked by Izadore (Izzie) on Sep 18th 2013 Tagged peestainandodorremoval in Pet Products

Answers

You rock, Izzie. I'd love to post a WE AREN'T THE VET general message in the main forum. ^_^ (P.S.- Mom got a new rescue tortie kitten named Mitral... can I sell her on e-bay?) Your friend, Orion