do you know any names for black and white cats? and what do you think of the name bootsie?

my cat had kittens and i am keeping one and i had been calling it bootsie because boots is more of a boys name and she has boot markings on her feet.

Asked by Member 620201 on Apr 16th 2008 in Domestic Medium Hair

Best Answer

Bootsie isn't terribly original for a cat with boots, but has a certain Preppy sound to it that I like. I agree with other posters that usually it takes a while to figure out a good name for a new kitten--you name it one thing, and before you know it, you start calling it another. So, maybe Bootsie can be a provisional name, or maybe you can just wait until the "perfect" name occurs to you as you interact with your cat. Or you can give your cat a really perverse name--my fur-brother's name is Spot because he's striped (dumb, dumb Mommy). How about Tiger? That'll confuse people! Just joking... but you get the idea. By the way, Chibi is what my Mommy calls me (it means "runt" in Japanese) because I'm smaller than all the other cats in the household, but I'm actually named after a famous woman who led a tragic life (my Mommy likes to give us all weird monikers). Mommy found that calling me by my real name was too hard to pronounce, and didn't fit my purrsonality, so here I am, Chibi.

Chibi answered on Apr 16th.

Answers

In my years with animal rescue, I knew at least four hundred b/w cats named "Oreo". So, that's not original. Let's see. There was also "B/W" for "black and white." My b/w kitty is Ernie and my son's is Cole. (He also had Porter, but Porter got hit by a car.) Cole Porter was a song writer, btw. You don't have to give your cat a name that is color-specific. Get to know her first and then name her according to your personality, your favorite group, character in your favorite book, you get the idea. And, please have the mom (and your kitty) spayed so you won't be having naming rights for the 400,000 plus other kittens all yours can produce over the next 7 years if they aren't "fixed." Thanks!

I'd see what the kitty's personality is. We named our cat Oscar because he used to live in a garbage dump and it fit his personality. He's a slight curmudgeon, but sweeter than he appears.

Puff

I thought Oreo was somewhat unique until we named one of our kitties Oreo, then found out there are tons more black & white cats with that name. Sylvester is another big one, for the black & white cat always chasing Tweety Bird in the Looney Tunes cartoons. Boots, Socks, and Mittens are others I've seen.

Puff answered on 4/16/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Skuya

Hi,
I like-
Minnie (Cat instead of Mouse!)
Panda
& Cow Cat

And (because of the Black)-
Jetta (Latin for "jet black")
& Kala (Hindi for "black")

Here are some links for names for Black and Whites, & colors-

www.cat
www.lowchensaustralia.com

and for names in general-
www.funpetnames.com
www.petnamesworld.com
www.lapcat.co.uk

Have fun!

There's a Black and White kitty here that Meowmie calls Noel because she arrived on a dark, snowy night around Christmas. Somestimes Meowmie calls her Cow Cat as a nick-name.

Skuya answered on 4/17/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Garfield

I know a lot of black and whit cat owners name their cat something like Oreo or Mittens. Bootsie is a cute name too

Garfield answered on 4/17/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer