Do Pixie Bob cats pose the same danger of allergy to cats or are they alergy free.

I am allergic to cats. Would I not be allergic to a Pixie Bob

Asked by Member 1135506 on Oct 12th 2012 in Allergies

Answers

I don't believe there is any less tendency for the Pixie Bob to produce an allergic reaction than any other cat. Eliminating allergens in your home is the first step. A thorough cleaning, even the furnace, is advisable. Cat dander tends to collect on soft surfaces such as carpeting, etc. If hardwood is not doable, make sure you or someone else vacuums very often. The cat must be kept clean and brushed. You can build up a resistance to cat dander. I did. But, it took a year or so. If I were you, I would speak with my doctor or allergist and ask how to go about accustoming yourself to a cat. It can be done, but like anything else, takes effort and determination. If your reactions to friends' cats are violent and immediate, I would reconsider adopting a cat. But if you do, I hope it all works out for you. Good luck with your search!