Gypsie

Do cats make noise when they give birth?

My cat<Gypsie>recently gave birth (she had 2 kittens, an ashy-gray one and a tabby that looks like her) and I was just wondering if cats yowl or wail or anything while they're giving birth because my dad woke up at around 4 on Saturday morning to a loud wailing, like a cat fight. Gypsie's kittens are only a few days old (their eyes aren't even open yet) so we were thinking that what he woke up to wasn't a cat fight at all, but my beautiful girl giving birth. So if anyone could respond to this, that'd be great. Thanks! :)

Asked by Gypsie on Apr 6th 2009 Tagged birth, kittens, cat, tabby in Other Kittens

Answers

I doubt seriously if a mother cat will "yowl" when she's giving birth. When cats give birth in the "wild" (outdoors) the LAST thing they want to do is make noise and advertise to all the predators out there that there are a bunch of newborn little creatures waiting to be killed and eaten. Cats are very stoic when it comes to pain. It's possible it was another cat outside who may have smelled the blood if a window was open. In any case, would you consider having your "beautiful girl" spayed after the kittens are weaned? You'll have her longer as she'll be heathier and live longer if she's not having kittens all the time and she won't be contributing to the overpopulation of kittens in our country. Just a thought.

Apollo

I am not sure if cats do or not, but I am about to find out, as one of my cats are gonna pop any second now, and I cant wait...So i will post after I know the answer...BUT I just wanted to say that I love how the other posting gave no real credible information, only an opinion, and only served to bore us with her agenda about having the cat spayed...Bet you took the same amount of nothing from that, that I did...

Apollo answered on 1/9/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer