Beach

Do all himalayan's have flat faces?

My sis could t keep her cat, so I took it on. My sister said she's a Himalayian. She looks like the coloring of a Himalayan, but the face doesn't seem right... The body was shaved 5 months ago and has started to grow back. She has a problem with her lower eyelid folding in, which I read happens with that breed. I'm taking her to the vet to look into another surgery for it (she had one prior for same problem) . Not that breed matters more out of imbrasrasment I don't want to say she's one if she is not one. My sister got it from an old lady she lived next to, old woman had a buch of fancy cats according to my sis.

Asked by Beach on Feb 25th 2014 in Breeds

Answers

Lacey

Himalayans originally didn't have flat faces, neither did Persians. One reason the Himalayan became a color division of the Persian breed is that Himalayan breeders had to keep breeding them back to Persians to get the flat faces. You may simply have a Himmy who has the older style of head type. (It's similar to the situation with the Siamese having two types of cats-the older "apple head" style with the stockier body type and rounder head type and the modern show Siamese with the wedge head and the lean body type.)

Lacey answered on 3/4/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

She looks Himalayan to me, but there is a chance that she is mixed with another exotic cat. Does it really matter though; she's a keeper! Thank you for rescuing her from your sis! SmartBites treats by Greenies make Healthy Skin & Fur, as well as Hairball, treats if your cat needs help in either one of these areas. Cheers on your newest addition! ^_^