Cat with blue eyes...

Okay, this time I'm doing the cat breed/genetic heritage questioning. The cat in the Royal Canin ad is a brown (aka grey) tabby with blue eyes. I have never seen such a cat in my life. My limited knowledge of cat fur/eye genetics indicate that blue eyes are associated with a cat being all or mostly white, or cats who have some association with Thai cats (the Siamese, but also Ragdolls and such). The Royal Canin cat has a head configuration that is apparently moggy. Yes, I know that you can do things like photoshop your cat photos and change their eye color. I'm just intrigued as to whether anyone knows a tabby--not a tabby and white, mind you, nor an Oriental Shorthair Tabby--with blue eyes. Oh, too much time on my hands...

Asked by Lola on Mar 8th 2010 in Other Kittens

Answers

Kitty (deceased)

how beautiful! ^__^

Kitty (deceased) answered on 3/8/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

If you click on the link to the ad, on the RC website under the picture it says she's a Bengal. This seems unlikely to me as well and I would assume the eyes are photoshopped.