Cat urinating on bed.

My cat has a bad habit of urinating on my bed, and only my bed. She does not do it anywhere else. At first she was diagnosed with a urine infection of which was cleared up with meds. Even after the meds, she still continued to urinate on my bed. I took her to the vet again, but they said there is nothing wrong with her. I have tried a few things to get her out of this habit. Making sure her litter is clean, giving her a lot of affection, rubbing her nose in the urine such as you would with a dog, etc. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions to get her out of this bad habit?

Asked by Member 1087467 on Jan 26th 2012 in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

the last thing you want to do is try to punish a cat. most likely she was either going there in the attempt to alert you to the fact she feels the need to claim her territory or more likely her urinary issues were either so urgent she couldnt help it or she thought you would act on her behalf and help. either way she can still smell the urine as another place to go. have you flipped your mattress, after cleaning cat spot well? let me know