Cat poo on the floor

My cats 18 months+.
She's a very clean cat, doesn't go out, plays happily and runs around also eats well.
She used to wee and poo in a litter tray, with no problems.
Since we moved house 7 months ago she's started off fine 5 months ago we git her spayed. but 3 months ago started to poo on the floor even with clean litter in a clean/ new tray.
We have tryed different litter, different trays, different locations but nothing seams to help.
She always poos in the same place and always near her trays that she is happy to wee in.
If anyone has any thoughts it would be better than nothing

Asked by Member 1136923 on Oct 21st 2012 Tagged poo in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

Delilah lets me know she's not pleased about something by pooing in the bathtub. But, since your cat is pooing next to the box, I wonder if she'd like a bigger box. For my 3 cats, I have a large (I mean huge-about 3 feet long)litter box AND a Rubbermaid "underbed storage" box. With 2 boxes that size, there is no missing of the box. Just to be sure, you may want to have her checked by the vet. If she's dragging her bum or showing any other signs of discomfort "back there", she may have impacted anal glands which are like human hemmorhoids. The vet can easily empty these glands and maybe even give you antibiiotics if they find infection. Make sure you spend as much time as you can with her. I know it's difficult when you move to find time, but moving is hard on everyone. I'm sure she would appreciate the extra attention from the people she loves.