Cat has horrible depth perception? Criss cross walk?

My cat is an almost 4 year old neutered male. I am not a cat person. I rescued him very young and had a lot of cat friends who were around saying he was adorable and wild, but normal. around about a year and a half I took him to my local (very expensive/very qualified vet) for a double check and to be neutered and he asked if that was how he always walked. He high criss crosses his legs when he walks. He does not jump. Jumping down is a major process and its pretty much always falling. It seems like depth perception is a big deal, but I am always trying to encourage play and activities that stimulate him mentally and physically, but do not stress him. I am curious as with every vet, and cat owner who has seen him finds the criss cross leg walk strange,, has anyone seen this?

Asked by Member 1210472 on Jan 19th 2014 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

There is a chance that he had a broken bone before you got him that did not heal properly. Sometimes this happens with rescues, and they manage as best they can. He could also have kitty vertigo or a neurological disorder as well. Thanks for rescuing! ^_^