Stoli

Cat got a cold?

My husband and I are brand-new kitty parents and my girl, Stoli, has been sneezing a lot with a running nose. She isn't sluggish at all and is constantly running around, playing, eating, using her box, and loving us both. Maybe she's allergic to something? Is that possible?

Asked by Stoli on Jan 6th 2013 Tagged kitten, cold, sneezing in Illness & Disease

Answers

Catsters always recommend a vet visit within a few days of adopting a kitty. Not because there's for sure something wrong, but having a vet on board is like having your own physician. They keep us well and it's someone to call when there are any concerns, like now. It's not possible for us to tell by computer if your baby has an upper respiratory infection (kitty cold) or is allergic to anything from litter dust to plug-in deodorizers. But I do know that these things start out slow and before you know it, they can get very serious. If Stoli were my kitty, I'd at least phone the vet and ask for their advice.