Fuzzy

Cat doors for inside rooms?

My fiance and I have an office in the middle of our apartment and it has a door that can prevent access to the other half. I was wondering if they might make cat doors specifically for inside doors, in case Fuzzy got locked on the wrong side of the door for his litter box? It's part of an unfinished expansion. If not, what are some safe types of wood I can use to "build" his own little door? I do plan on getting another box, but he can be weird about it sometimes. I am going to shop around, but haven't had the time because of helping with the renovations. Our landlord has told us before that he doesn't care what we do with the apartment, as long as it looks good, including repainting.

Asked by Fuzzy on May 27th 2012 Tagged petdoors in Pet Products

Answers

Cut a square from the wall and install a pet-door. They are sold in pet stores and will actually increase the value of the property to your landlord. If your guy is not handy then hire a handyman for the installation and make sure that Mr. Fuzz will wear the collar with the remote control that will open the door beforehand (get him used to wearing a collar and id tag). ^_^