Penny

Cat defecating and urinating on kitchen counter

I have a household w/6 cats. Four of them dwell exclusively indoors. I have found poop on a dining room chair, on the floor underneath a baker's rack (twice) and on my kitchen counter. This morning, I discovered cat urine all over my phone which was sitting on a kitchen counter and upon investigation, urine smell even in/on the toaster oven (which is an under cabinet mount-type). Of course, I don't know which cat is the culprit, but I have strong hunch I know which of the 4 indoor cats is the perpetrator. The first incident (which I thought was isolated due to a visiting miniature dachshund) was a couple of months ago. Now, no dogs visiting, and inappropriate poop and pee incidents happening w/more frequency. What to do??

Asked by Penny on Sep 19th 2009 Tagged urine, poop, feces, pee in Behavior & Training

Answers

♥ Tasha ♥

Here is a website that may help you:catinfo.org

Good luck!

♥ Tasha ♥ answered on 9/19/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Cats stop using the litter box for 2 main reasons. One is a urinary tract infection that could cause them to avoid the box. The other is stress. If you don't have a litter box for each cat, you need to get 6 or 7 boxes. It's a lot of scooping but that's what they need. The boxes need to be cleaned at least once a day. Also, your cats might have been more upset that you know by the dog' visit. Clean the boxes, get enough boxes and show your ktties where they are jus to remind them. Get them tested for an infection. Clean up the oops marks with an enzymatic cleaner like Nature's Miracle which will destroy the odor left behind. Also, if your kitties aren't neutered, now is the time! Good luck!

This helped me, check it out.
www.allthingscat.com