Can yoplait yogurt hurt kitty in a small amount? Like less than a tablespoon.

Asked by Member 649028 on Oct 7th 2008 in Other Food & Nutrition

Best Answer

Spike

I don't know about Yoplait specifically, but yogurt is often fed to cats. Oddly, it gives some cats the runs, and in other cats, acts against diarrhea. Cats should not be given regular milk, but can generally tolerate yogurt. Some of my cats like yogurt (in very small amounts) and some don't. However, the yogurt should be unflavored and unsweetened. Generally, my cats only lick up a small amount (as you say, less than a spoonful), and then walk away. Spot loves yogurt, but will only eat a small amount before he's satisfied.

Spike answered on Oct 7th.

Answers

squeaker

i love yoplait yogurt! especially thick and creamy peaches and cream flavor! that's my favorite. i don't like the strawberry because it has a funny chemical smell...i also love ice cream! i'll eat about 4 teaspoons and i'm happy and will stop bugging my mommy. i don't get tummy problems at all. i also like carnation evaporated milk that mommy will share with me when she eats her cereal with it. yogurt is good for a kitty's digestive tract just like for our human pawrents.

squeaker answered on 10/8/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Atrus

I gave Atrus about a tablespoon of plain yogurt (the unflavored kind you use for cooking/baking,etc) when he had some digestive upset from switching his dry food. He had the runs bad for like two days and then I gave him the yogurt and the next day was back to normal, whether this was due to the yogurt or not, I do not know. He liked it though and licked it off the spoon happily. Then I was eating Greek yogurt a couple days later and he kept trying to steal it from me. :(

Atrus answered on 10/8/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Onyx

Cats are often lactose intolerant. However yogurt, through the process of being made does something that has already started the lactose breaking down. Yogurt of course isn't the best thing to give your cat, but for many cats (mine included) it won't hurt them at all. And a spoonful of yogurt on a plate or the yogurt lid will keep Onyx from trying to climb into my cup of morning yogurt.

Onyx answered on 10/8/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer