Can some one help? My seven year old male cat is loosing his hair on his back legs and tummy. He doesn't have a rash or

My cat is loosing his hair

Asked by Member 1154950 on Feb 12th 2013 in Other Kittens

Answers

Lucy Liu

Have your cat examined by your veterinarian. He may have flea allergies, other allergies, or a hormonal problem or other medical issue that's causing this & your veterinarian will be able to help.

Lucy Liu answered on 2/13/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

He may also be over-grooming himself which is usually a symptom of stress. A vet visit is in order.

I agree with the allergy answer. I have a cat that has a flea allergy. Every time we get infested with fleas, she chews off the fur on her butt, part of her tail, her back feet, and on her belly. One time it got so bad it looked like we had shaved the back half of her.
Other than that, has there been any change in activity at the house. What I mean by that is, is everyone gone for most of the day, and is that unusual? I had another cat that had separation anxiety. My sister and I went to school and my mom went to work. This cat, even though she had 3 other cats as company, missed us and chewed her fur off. The vet gave us medication to make her stop, but it just made her sleep all the time. The issue only fixed itself when my mom got remarried and my new stepdad worked nights. He stayed with her all day and she stopped chewing her hair off.
If the cat isn't chewing their hair off and it's just falling out, it is probably an allergy.