Can cats eat humman foods? which foods should they not eat

My cat is a male name Ceasar 4 months old, I wanted to know what else can he eat besides cat hard food and wet food. Therefore I was woundering if he can eat humman food and what he can't eat because he like chopped up ham.And also I was trying to find info on my cat because his mother is a calico cat and his dad is a tiger gasby cat so how would I know what my cat is? can you please send me some info please thankyou.

Asked by Member 515082 on Oct 14th 2007 Tagged scratching, kittens, furniture in Homemade Food

Answers

He shouldn't have onions, garlic, or chocolate in any amount. Cheese is iffy, because some cats are lactose-intolerant. Just be sure to take into consideration the human food amount in his whole food amount so you don't overfeed him.

benni

no onions, chocolate, seasonings, salt. no HAM, messes with, something, cant think of it right now.benni loved ham for 6 years, i stopped it.

benni answered on 10/14/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Misty

Especially since he is a male, it is not recommended. Male cats that do not have a well balanced diet (this means a good brand of cat food, too) will usually become blocked (they won't be able to pee because of a buildup of crystal in their urine) and if this is not caught in time it can cause death rather quickly starting with kidney failure. So it's not the best idea to feed him people food. Usually cats are just considered domestic short hairs no matter what their color (calico and tabby are considered colors/patterns, not a breed)

Misty answered on 10/14/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Moxie

An occasional SMALL treat of canned tuna in water or plain chicken meat (e.g. unmarinated) is probably ok but I would avoid feeding your cat the foods you eat for many reasons.

(1) Your cat will crave people food and either steal or become a pest whenever you or your guests are eating (my friend has his problem).
(2) You may accidently give your cat food that you may not realize is poisonous. The aspca.org site has a partial list of harmful foods (e.g. avocado, chocolate, onions, garlic, etc). Cats are smaller than humans and may be harmed by the relative quantity/concentration of additives, etc. (e.g. large amount of salt, hormones in meat, etc) in our foods.
(3) Your cat may not be getting the balanced diet he/she needs, which is VERY different than humans (e.g. vitamins/minerals like taurine, % protein vs carbs,, etc.)

If you want to try a raw food diet, make sure you research recipes specifically for cats but don't just give your cat random people food.

Moxie answered on 10/14/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer