Thumper

Can cats be claustrophobic?

My cat is 3 (4 in July) and she doesn't like her carrier, being cuddled or even sit on my belly. This may sound silly, but could she be claustrophobic?

Asked by Thumper on May 13th 2012 Tagged claustrophobic, scared, dislikes in Fears & Phobias

Answers

baby&titan

no, they cant be. they like small spaces bc there close to the walls or whatever there under or in to find safety and a sanctuary, she prolly associates her carrier with something she does not like, the vet, the car. etc. my cats hate it. so, i treat them like dogs. they have harnesses and leashes. they go everywhere with me. without a crate. it takes a while for them to get used to it. but its funner ann better. and funny as hell watching them stick there heads out the window.

baby&titan answered on 5/15/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer