Lil'Miss

Can 3wk Kittens have bottle and momma?

My wonderful tortie "lil miss" gave birth to 8 kittens on May 30th. Some are small some are HUGE. She is doing a great job! The runt was the first born and would not take to mom so I have been bottle feeding. That is going great. There are a couple in there that Are a little on the small size. Would it be ok if they were feed by momma and me. Thats a lot of kittens to feed for a new mommma.I was hoping she would go in shifts(lol) but she feeds them when shes good and ready. We both say thank you and MEOW

Asked by Lil'Miss on Jun 21st 2012 Tagged bottlefeeding, largelitter, kittens in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Yes, you can help momma feed them by bottle feeding the little ones. As long as she is comfortable with you touching and returning the kittens to her. It is very common for the bigger kittens to push the little ones out of the way in any litter. Eight is a LARGE litter for a cat and assisting Lil' Miss by bottle feeding would be a very good idea.