Black/gray/brown mackerel tiger with white kittens.

I am fostering her. She gave birth Sat 5-12-12 to 3 kittens. They are all a off/white with gray ear tips. How common is this. I have never seen a cat have them all the same color and I thought at least one would look like her. Could they be part Siamese? Might the points come in later?

Asked by Member 1111365 on May 18th 2012 Tagged kittens, color, genetics, breeds in Health & Safety

Answers

Many cats carry a recessive Siamese gene. It certainly sounds like those kittens may display the points. You should start to see the darker markings in a couple of weeks.

max

Chances are dad was an all black cat. Solid black cats carry the gene that causes "color points" this gene causes Their "points" or extremities , tips of ears nose etc. To respond to warmth in the womb. Usually born tan. O r white develop the coloration later which becomes darker and more wide spread with age. If these kittens are bred most likely the whole litter will be solid black with gold eyes. As a pet care specialist I'm sure you realize this is just an interesting observation and by no means includes the thousands of possible variables. Just get them spayed or neutered

max answered on 5/23/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer