are the carrot greens bad for cats?

Asked by Member 929997 on Dec 13th 2009 in Answers

Answers

I can't find anything that says the carrot greens wuld be toxic, and some dog and cat foods do include the actual carrot itself, but just to be safe, I would contact my vet for the go-ahead. If you want to feed your cat healthy greens, google "cat grass" and send for oat, rye, barley, wheat and clover grass seeds and grow greens just for her. It's easy and healthy for them and they actually make a nice looking plant.

Spike

Yes, ask your vet. The issue of whether vegetables are necessary or not for cats is a hot topic on the Foods Forum. But I do not believe that vegetables, per se, are the equivalent of junk food for humans. Cats are too smart for that--although they will eat poisonous flowers and other plants... Spike is obsessed with nibbling on daikon radish greens, as was one of my former cats. There are Internet sites that tell you what plants are poisonous or harmful to cats. If you don't want to ask your vet, let your fingers do the walking and search out those sites.

Spike answered on 1/24/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer