Bebe

Aggression issues

I have a four year old female cat named Bebe, and we have five other cats. One of the cats is a kitten of hers, who isthree years old. The mom constantly attacks her (Meanly, not playing) to the point where the daughter has peed herself and hid in rafters. Eventually, I took the daughter and put her in a room with me away from Bebe. Now, Bebe is targeting one of our older cats the same way. She doesn't have a problem with the rest of them. We got her from an abusive family, not sure if this has anything to do with her behavior. We don't want to get rid of her because she is usually sweet. What can I do?

Asked by Bebe on May 25th 2013 Tagged aggression, attacking, adult, mom in Aggression

Answers

Lizzie

Did this behavior just start happening suddenly? It's possible that the 2 cats she has a problem with might have injured her somehow.

Lizzie answered on 5/25/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

If your cats are not spayed/neutered, this could be about 90% of your problems with aggression. If Bebe has not been to a vet recently, she could be acting out because she's not well. Cats do that to protect themselves. Understand that if you "get rid" of Bebe because she is aggressive, she will not find another home. A shelter will not take her and if you give her away to someone, they may just abandon her. Because she is a victim of abuse, I'm certain she has trust issues. She may feel she needs to protect herself from the other cats. If you really want to keep Bebe and keep your home from being a war zone, I'd suggest enlisting the help of a cat behaviorist like the one on Animal Planet, "My Cat From Hell". You need help and counseling on how to go about changing your situation; more than is possible here. Call your vet and ask for a name. Good luck. I hope it works out for you and Bebe and your other kitties.