Rosie

After pooping, my cat runs around the house like a nut and crys.

She is not pain, she just seems to go crazy after she poops. She runs laps around the house and crys, but she stops after a few minutes. Anyone know why?

Asked by Rosie on Jul 10th 2008 Tagged poop, cry in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Are you SURE she's not in pain? When an animal runs around and cries like Rosie does, I'd be willing to bet that SOMETHING is hurting her. She may have something wrong with the old "chute". It could be a polyp, a tear, or it could be too small and her feces may be too hard for her to pass. If she only eats dry food, that tends to make their stool harder than if she gets wet food once in a while. Have you noticed any bloody streaks in her stool? It's not a normal behavior for a cat (or any animal) to "lap around and cry" after using the box. If you don't find out what's wrong, she could stop using the box because she may start associating it with pain.

Sam

Sam does this too! (Well the running around, but not the crying). Something isn't right. Please let me know what you find out about this odd behavior.

Sam answered on 7/23/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer