Accidently stepped on 4 week kittens paw...

My cat had kittens 4 1/2 weeks ago. Today, accidently, I stepped on one of the kittens paws, she shrieked loudly but seemed to be okay afterwards. She was walking but I can't really tell if she was limping since they have a wobble when they walk anyway. I put her in the area where they sleep and she fell asleep with the rest of the kittens. Is there anyway to check she is okay??, there is no crying or anything apparent, but the immediate shriek scared me!

Asked by Member 1121262 on Jul 18th 2012 in Health & Safety

Answers

~Purrcy ~ Meohmy

that was a very typical and normal response from your kitten.
You responded to a potential injury perfectly!
Just keep a close eye on her. If you notice any problems, take her to your vet.
Good job!

~Purrcy ~ Meohmy answered on 7/18/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Please watch for any swelling of her paw and any limping, of course. You need to be very careful walking around tiny kittens - they are very active, playful and inquisitive. I hope she's okay. Best of luck with the kittens.