accidently squeezed my pregnant cats stomache will the kittens be alright and what can i do so they dont die

Asked by Member 1102977 on Mar 29th 2012 in Health & Safety

Answers

~Purrcy ~ Meohmy

Well it's kind of hard to say. First, how pregnant is your cat? The average gestation for a cat is about 63 days.
What do you mean by "I squeezed my cat"? Was it just a big hug or did you squeeze her really hard in anger?
All kittens are protected in their mom's uterus (womb) by a watery substance called amniotic fluid.
I suppose if you squeezed a VERY pregnant cat really hard I suppose you could induce labor.
If you squeeze a cat who is pregnant only 30 days or so REALLY hard, you could cause a miscarriage, but this is not likely.
Check under your cat's tail for any watery discharge or blood.
Sometimes when a cat is ready to give birth they will have a discharge, but if your cat is not close to 63 days in her pregnancy, or if you think you have hurt the kittens or the mommacat really bad, you need to take her to your vet.
Take a deep breath and be prepared to take care of your new kittens!

~Purrcy ~ Meohmy answered on 3/29/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

I really don't think they will DIE. How did your cat respond?