My cat was spayed three times, she still goes in heat, I need advise on other options for her and us, help!!

She was spayed once and the vet said he might have missed something after she went into heat 1 year later (many times), he did surgery again and said he found the missing piece. 3 months later she went into heat again (regular cycles) for months. We took her to another vet and he did exploratory surgery and found nothing there. Said we would just have to put up with her going into heat. Anyone ever had this problem? I need some advice on options at this point for her and us. She continues to have regular cycles (full blown ones) Help!!

Asked by Member 1212117 on Feb 19th 2014 in Spaying & Neutering

Answers

Armani

It does sound like an unusual problem. If the second vet said there is nothing that can be done then the only thing you can do is live with the poor kitty. It's likely a lot rougher on her than it is on you. Maybe a hormone scent like Feliway would calm her a bit. It's worth a try. Please, please don't give up your kitty for this reason. If you find you absolutely can't take it, contact a rescue who will find her ahome while she stays with you. Shelters are a terrible place for a pet.

Armani answered on 12/26/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer