Postings by Sassafras 9.28.92-3.19.11

GO!

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

Cat Health > Personality changes on hyperthyroid hormone?
Sassafras- 9.28.92-3.19- .11

The Hostess with- the Mostess

Purred: Sat Nov 21, '09 5:40pm PST 
I was really sad when Sassy first went on the hormone and she started sleeping all of the time. The vet said she was just acting her age (14 at the time), and it just seemed extreme after being used to her in a constant hyper state (running around all night long with toys and howling). After a few weeks she leveled out and started to play again, but not as extreme as before. She gets tested every six months and she has been fine for the last two years. The last time she was tested I was worried because she had been even more playful than usual and I thought she needed her dosage increased, but she was just fine. Maybe your boy is on too high a dosage, or maybe he is just acting his age. It might seem like he is better off playing and acting like a kitten, but to a 15 year old cat it might actually be exhausting. Imagine an 85 year old human who is constantly running around like a 15 year old and can not calm down. Give him a pat from us!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sassafras 9.28.92-3.19.11, Nov 21 5:40 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Catnip Tea

Purred: Tue Feb 5, '08 7:50am PST 
We have had that too!! Only ours was from a tea bag Mommy bought in a box from the holistic store! We went crazy when she was brewing the tea, then later on we tipped the trash can over and stole the teabag. The brand name of our tea is Alvita. I can't remember now, but I believe we had ours iced in the summer. It might be in my diary MOL. That was veyr sweet of your Mommy to think of doing that fur you guys.cloud 9
[notify]

» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Ben, Oct 7 8:54 pm

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > The Haunted Lodge Halloween Party

Purred: Sat Oct 27, '07 12:49pm PST 
*jumps out from behind curtain* Did someone say DONUT???!!! YAY! That is the best game EVER Diego!!!shock I can't WAIT!!
[notify]

» There has since been 127 posts. Last posting by Athena, Oct 31 6:50 pm

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > The Haunted Lodge Halloween Party

Purred: Sat Oct 27, '07 12:39pm PST 
Okay Furmy, I have the prizes for the costume contest. I have a Bat Rosette for Most Creative, A Ghost Rosette for Scariest, and a Black Cat Rosette for Most Difficult to Get On and Off!! Are there any more categories?

*tummy growls* hmmmm...I don't think anyone would notice if I just nibbled a little on some treats before the guests arrive!! *Looks over table of cupcakes, candy and the popcorn ball sculpture and takes a popcorn ball out of the bottom*

THUD!! *popcorn balls bounce all over the floor*

WHOOOPS!!! *hides behind a curtain and munches on the popcorn ball*
[notify]

» There has since been 138 posts. Last posting by Athena, Oct 31 6:50 pm

Food & Nutrition > digestive questions...

Purred: Mon Oct 8, '07 12:40pm PST 
Thanks Sox! It worked for Furman, Phoebe, and me!

I am back on Wellness dry, and now we are on Merrick canned too. We LOVE the Merrick Thanksgiving Day Feast and Grammy's Pot Pie. There are some big chunks of turkey in there!! YUMMY!!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Oct 22 6:25 am

Get Well Soon > Keep your paws crossed for me today?

Purred: Fri Oct 5, '07 7:54am PST 
Hi All, I stayed at the vet overnight last night because I am constipated. The enima didn't work so well, I only went a little so today they are giving me an appetite stimulant to get things moving. Mom is totally freaked out because last time one of us kitties stayed overnight at the vet he ended up having major surgery. Plus, we don't have my regular vet, we had to take the one that was available on short notice. Mom is going to see if maybe we can get my regular doctor switched onto my case. Please keep your paws crossed for me and purr that I take a giant poop before they have to do something else?? I would truly appreciate it. Thanks, Sassy
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Checkers, Oct 6 1:56 am

Purred: Mon Oct 1, '07 5:59am PST 
Just want to update this:
Sassy pooped this morning, and Phoebe's diarrhea stopped and she is eating again. Both of them are happy today.

I would still like to know about the pumpkin though, for future reference!
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Oct 22 6:25 am

Food & Nutrition > WET/DRY BUSTED

Purred: Mon Oct 1, '07 5:44am PST 
Hi Cleo, hee hee! Sorry your Mom busted you! I would like to suggest maybe only giving you canned for a couple days with no dry food so you have no choice but to eat it? The maybe you would get used to it and start eating both? That is my only idea. Unless she could feed you in separate, closed rooms with your own bowls for a few days until you start eating your own.

Good Luck Cleo!!!
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Cleo (The Queen), Oct 6 7:45 am

Purred: Sun Sep 30, '07 8:32pm PST 
Hi Everyone, I have two kitties with issues tonight, and I am calling the vet tomorrow morning but I need to ask this. Is pumpkin used to treat constipation or diarrhea? I have seen it recommended for both. I am really confused over that.

Phoebe had diarrhea today from some canned food that did not agree with her this morning. She is fine now as I have held off on feeding her. I am trying to find a good canned food for cats with sensitive tummies with no beef. Any suggestions?

My 15 year old Sassy is constipated tonight and if she hasn't gone by the morning I am taking her to the vet to see if she needs an enema. This is happening because last week I switched her from Wellness to Nutro, which I see now was a mistake.

As you can see, we are having food issues in our house. They are on scheduled feedings so luckily I can have them on different foods to deal with their tummy issues. I am open to food suggestions for cats who get constipated easily and cats with sensitive stomachs.

Thanks for any info.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Oct 22 6:25 am

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > How can I use my own images as backgrounds?

Purred: Sat Sep 29, '07 6:48pm PST 
This was what helped me the most:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b297/ej_clarke/backgroundin structions.jpg

That was done by Blade!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Scooter ~ Our Angel, Sep 30 9:53 am

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.