Postings by Toast

GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Cat Health > Help!! Kitty seems to be having a bathroom problem.
Toast

Watch out for- evil kitty ears!

Purred: Mon Sep 9, '13 8:22am PST 
Since about 2 weeks after we got Tink the kitten Toast appears to be pooping excessively, wet unformed stools sometimes with a tiny bit of blood. He is 2 years old and seems happy with the new addition - they never fight and play a lot. I'm having to clean the litter box like crazy... I was away for 2 days and Toast pooped all over the floor because the box filled up so fast and while I dumped it he went AGAIN when there was already a few fresh piles. He doesnt seem to be losing weight and I am tight on money as Tink is getting her shots on Friday but I think I might need to bring him in. I'm buying more litter boxes tonight to see if that is the problem. Any idea as to if this is normal or stress???
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Smithwick, Sep 9 2:17 pm

Kitten Corner > New Kitten vs. 1.5 Year Old Cat
Toast

Purred: Fri Aug 16, '13 6:04am PST 
Hi Catster!

So Toasty was feeling very lonely since I moved out on my own with Boyfriend, and is home alone a LOT more than he is use to. After a month of sad meows we decided to get him a little sister. He is very gentle and mellow but loves to play and constantly wants attention. smile

Today is day 2 so maybe it is too early but they seem to be getting along. She adores him and keeps giving him kisses on the nose but he won't actually touch her just yet, he just follows her and they run around together.

However, he will NOT let me touch or pet him. This is a cat that demanded to be picked up and cuddled constantly and never pulls away, but I can't even touch him. Will this get better?? Is he mad? Kitten does try to cuddle me all the time but I push her away and go to pet Toast first, but he is still uncool with it.

What to do?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by BK, Aug 19 5:01 am

Cat Health > Claw split to root

Toast

Purred: Wed Jul 24, '13 4:20am PST 
Good news! I looked at Toast's claws this morning and they all look totally normal... not sure what I saw before, maybe a husk shedding in a very weird way? He can be squirmy. Anyways, here's to hoping the vet will let me cancel... I had to make an appointment as today is my only day off but either way I'm not going to stress him out and bring him in for new reason so soon after moving.

Thanks for the advice all!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Aug 9 9:05 pm

Toast

Purred: Tue Jul 23, '13 5:00pm PST 
Also there are pieces hanging that I was afraid to cut off fully so if he wont let me I may go to the vet just for that... Dont want a painful tear!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Aug 9 9:05 pm

Toast

Purred: Tue Jul 23, '13 4:58pm PST 
I had called the vet already and asked their opinion, they had made an appointment tomorrow but it is late in the day so maybe I will see how he is tonight. He did cry a lot last night and didnt want to be touched... I assumed it was moving to a new house but it does worry me that the claw has nothing coming out of its 'sheath' so I may just play it safe. Its been 24 hours since I noticed it so if it jas an improvement I will leave it. smile thanks guys! Will keep you informed, was definitely a shock! Poor thing, there is no solid claw left!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Aug 9 9:05 pm

Toast

Purred: Tue Jul 23, '13 1:33pm PST 
Hi Catster friends!!

I went to cut Toasty's claws yesterday and one of them was shattered into pieces... No hard part, just bendy pieces of claw all the way to the skin. It didnt seem to extend properly either! He doesnt hurt at all and there is no blood but I worry about pieces getting caught and hurting him down the road. Does he need the expensive trip to the vet??
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Aug 9 9:05 pm

Cat Health > Vomiting Often, Otherwise Healthy?

Toast

Purred: Wed Mar 20, '13 11:43am PST 
Thank you very much, I didn't even think of the shedding as a symptom... first winter with his full grown coat and I've never had a cat before. I will call my Vet and see what they can do. Anyone else have this kind of issue?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Alex (sweet angel girl), Mar 20 12:52 pm

Cat Health > Vomiting Often, Otherwise Healthy?

Toast

Purred: Tue Mar 19, '13 9:50am PST 
Hi guys,

So little Toasty has started vomiting yellow bile (looks green if dry). Sometimes it has a little hair in it and sometimes not, but never any food. However, I watch him eat all the time. He's not lethargic and otherwise acting normal (maybe biting a bit more but he is still growing up and it seems to be him trying to play). He does seem to be being a bit more vocal though.

I don't have a lot of money right now, but if something is wrong I don't want to not take him to the Vet. He vomits about 2 times a week I'd say. And he is shedding a lot, so maybe he's eating hair. Is this normal?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Alex (sweet angel girl), Mar 20 12:52 pm

Behavior & Training > How to get my cat to leave a trail of paw prints for a tattoo?

Toast

Purred: Thu Nov 22, '12 5:06pm PST 
This is a strange question, but I'm getting a tattoo that includes a trail of paw prints to represent my cat. They'll be too small to really use his own unique paw print so instead, I want to put him down onto something and have him walk his own trail to use in the design. smile

Now, Toasty is an indoor cat so there isn't an opportunity to find his paw prints outside and photograph them. I could put something safe on his paws and put him on lots of paper but I feel like he will just try to lick the stuff off and not wander around. I thought of putting him on his leash and maybe taking him to the beach but I feel like he would hate the sand and it would have to be wet sand. It hasn't snowed yet and might not until after my tattoo appointment.

I'm considering covering the bottom of the bathtub with paper or something, dipping his paws in gravy from canned cat food (which he isn't fond of but at least it isn't poisonous) and getting him to walk along the paper by putting a treat in front of his nose or a toy. Even if I could just get him to crinkle the paper where he stepped, I just want his stride, I don't need the actual pawprints.

Any ideas? big grin
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Dec 4 11:52 am

Cat Health > My cat has two claws growing from one joint?
Toast

Purred: Thu Nov 8, '12 7:38am PST 
Thank you! Now that I think of it it does look like a weird corn. I moved it around and it didn't seem sensitive so I think I'm going to leave it until he gets his vaccines in a month and get it looked at then, unless it gets worse. Thank you for putting my mind at ease smile
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Toast, Nov 8 7:38 am

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.