GO!

Kitty Wet the Bed...

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Dobby

Dobby is a free- Elf!

Purred: Mon Mar 4, '13 7:27pm PST 
First, I know if this persists, I will have to take Dobby to a vet. At the moment, that is financially difficult, so mostly I am trying to put my worries at ease and maybe hear if other people had this problem.

Dobby was napping on the couch with daddy, sleeping on his chest. When daddy woke up and went to move her, he felt her belly was damp and thinks she may have gone potty while she slept. But she didn't get up and leave the wet spot, she just kept cuddling. We think she may have done it once before, but normally she is really good about using the litter box.

She drinks a lot of water. She gets a decent quality wet food for dinner almost every night. She stayed with her mom for longer than 8 weeks (almost 12) so she has no litter box issues. Eating, drinking, playing, napping, using the litter box like normal(except for you know, wetting the bed twice...).

Is this the possible sign of something wrong or is my kitty just being Lazy?
[notify]

Tambolina

No...the magic- is still- here...!!!

Purred: Tue Mar 5, '13 2:21am PST 
To Dobby's Meouwmy.....Hi...!!

The cat of a friend of mine 'wets the bed' or 'pees her pants', as my friend calls it, a couple of times a week....!! And, no, Dobby is not being lazy....but, for the life of me, I cannot remember properly what my friend told me about it or the causes of it....!! Hopefully, there will be other people here to talk to you about it properly...but, if not, I will contact my friend and get some information for you...!!

Jan (and Tambolina)
[notify]

Tambolina

Purred: Tue Mar 5, '13 2:23am PST 
To Dobby's Meouwmy.....Hi...!!

The cat of a friend of mine 'wets the bed' or 'pees her pants', as my friend calls it, a couple of times a week....!! And, no, Dobby is not being lazy....but, for the life of me, I cannot remember properly what my friend told me about it or the causes of it....!! Hopefully, there will be other people here to talk to you about it properly...but, if not, I will contact my friend and get some information for you...!!

Jan (and Tambolina)
[notify]

Dobby

Dobby is a free- Elf!

Purred: Tue Mar 5, '13 7:31am PST 
Hello!! ^.^

Thank you so much. I always freak out when anything happens to my little babies. I always did with my other kitties too.
[notify]

Tambolina

Purred: Wed Mar 6, '13 5:00am PST 
Dear Dobby's Meouwmy....Hi...!! I have sent an email to my friend with the kitty who 'pees her pants'...!! My friend is a bit poorly, so I don't know when I will get a reply...but I will certainly get back to you....but please, please do not think that Dobby is lazy....!! it is NOT THAT.....!!

Jan
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Wed Mar 6, '13 7:18am PST 
This doesn't sound like inappropriate peeing for the regular reasons (UTI, crystals, unclean box, etc.). It almost sounds like she doesn't realize she's peeing when she does it. I hate to say it, but I think you need to visit the vet.
[notify]

Monster

It's all about- me.

Purred: Thu Mar 7, '13 12:50pm PST 
I would definitely take her to the vet. Kitties are not lazy when it comes to the litter box. It sounds like there is something medically wrong - infection, inflammation, nerve damage. Don't wait.
[notify]

Mocha

Purred: Fri Mar 8, '13 12:15am PST 
Is it possible that she's drooling or possibly your husband was sweating due to the contact of two warm bodies? These are problems we have with our elder-cat Mocha. We thought, at first, that she was 'leaking' but it turns out that she simply drools in her sleep now.

Smell it, if it's urine, you'll know!

Also, I've had instances where my big boy, Korbin Dallas, will snuggle up against me, and I'll find that I've sweated where his body touches mine.

Either way, good luck!
[notify]

Tambolina

Purred: Fri Mar 8, '13 4:12am PST 
Dear Dobby's Meouwmy...Jan here...!! My friend has still not come back to me about the 'peeing in the pants'.....but I said I would get back to you....so here I am...!! As far as I can remember, my friend said that the vet said that, in the case of her cat, Silke, the 'leaking' might be to do with the fact that Silke suffers from chronic constipation....ie the contents of her bowel blocks the entrance to her bladder a lot of the time, so she often does not pee normally and the excess comes out every now and again, when she is asleep.....

Helpful to you? Don't know.... Hope so.....

Jan
[notify]

Dobby

Dobby is a free- Elf!

Purred: Sat Mar 9, '13 6:51pm PST 
Thank you so much you guys, for all of your input!
We haven't had the problem again and my husband said he could have been wrong, that it might have been drool or sweat.

(My husband does this weird thing where any moisture from the cat smells like cat urine. I don't know why, but he does it. So it is hard to take his word on anything. Lol!"

We will definitely keep an eye on her and make sure if it does happen again, vet visit. Thank you again everyone!!!
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2