GO!

Peeing in inappropriate places

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Wish

Purred: Tue Dec 18, '12 10:16am PST 
I pee under my mom's bed and in her closets, even though my litter box (which I also use) is always clean. My mom isn't happy about this and wants me to stop but doesn't know what to do!
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Wed Dec 19, '12 5:41am PST 
Before anything else, a health issue should be ruled out. That would be the number one cause of inappropriate elimination. Check out Dr. Pierson's site which lists all the reasons this may be happening: http://catinfo.org/?link=litterbox
Good luck - there's nothing worse than cat pee out of the box!
[notify]

Arthur

Purred: Thu Dec 20, '12 5:47pm PST 
Once you have ruled out a physical problem, there are a lot of things you could look at to determine the possible root of the problem. Do you sometimes pee in the litter box, or do you *only* pee where your Mom doesn't want you to? Some cats don't like to pee and poop in the same litter box, so if you have only one litter box and you always poop there, maybe adding a second litter box would help you. Did you maybe get startled when peeing in the litter box at some point? If so, you might just view the litter box as a scary place to pee and need a little help sorting that out.
[notify]