GO!

purrayers needed...in emergency room...

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Mutzi (now- in heaven)

Purred: Mon Oct 8, '12 9:31pm PST 
Hi everyone, Mutzi is waiting to be seen right now...we are at Angell because she is having strange urinary issues. Straining to pee all over the house, only little droplets coming out, and she can't keep still in carrier, keeps trying to pee and licking herself. She is so uncomfortable...I'm so scared that this is related to her HCM....we need your purrayers....thank you so much.
[notify]

Natasha

Princess Forever

Purred: Mon Oct 8, '12 11:54pm PST 
They don't sound related.....Hope all is well now. Angell's is a good place to go for the emergency. They found Natasha's iris melanoma where my vets missed it. They are thorough when they check your cat....Let us know how she is......
[notify]

Mutzi (now- in heaven)

Purred: Tue Oct 9, '12 10:21am PST 
Mutzi update! Luckily there was no blockage, but there was no urine to test, so they aren't sure what was going on. She is on antibiotics for a possible UTI, and I'm waiting to hear from my regular vet. Thank you for your sweet gifts and good thoughts
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Tue Oct 9, '12 12:48pm PST 
oh gosh poor Mutzi! Tig had this happen, but he actually had a blockage - twice. I am thinking inflammation maybe of the ureter, or an infection caused things to be inflamed. Something you could try, and it won"t hurt her - COsequin for Cats. I give it to both boys 2x day and it helps to keep any inflammation of the bladder/ureter walls down. They are sprinkle capsules, to put in wet food, or with dry you can kind of toss them in the powder. My vet even recommends them too. Hope Mutzi is feeling better - good you caught it so fast! And believe me I do understand about worrying with the HCM! Try to get her to drink more too - that will help. I am here to help ya! hug
[notify]

Mutzi (now- in heaven)

Purred: Wed Oct 10, '12 11:53am PST 
Thank you so much! Had to leave Mutzi at the vet for a few hours so they could get a urine sample. She is in pain and I feel so bad for her. I hope she will be ok. It seems she has something new every few months and I just want her to be healthy and comfortable.
[notify]

Batfink

Purred: Wed Oct 10, '12 2:23pm PST 
Hope Mutzi is okay...purrs for you both xx
[notify]

Kiki

You... Treats...- Now...

Purred: Thu Oct 11, '12 4:30pm PST 
Purrs for you! I hope everything goes okay!
[notify]

Alexander,- Dreamboat- #110

I am really a- lap dog in- disguise.

Purred: Fri Oct 12, '12 3:03am PST 
Hope all is well with her. I have mine on wet food. Cats never drink enough fluids and this causes problems. She is at a great place. I don't use them often because I hate the wait in there. Angell's is my back up ER.
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Fri Oct 12, '12 10:52am PST 
any news on Mutzi?
[notify]

Mutzi (now- in heaven)

Purred: Mon Oct 15, '12 5:36pm PST 
Mutzi over here....thank you to all of my kitty friends here for your wishes! I have been on antibiotics and pain medicine for five days now, and am now peeing in the litter box again. Mom is relieved because she has to go away for a few days and was so worried about me! I go off pain meds today, and mom bought me chicken wet food and a new scratcher!!! It has been a hard week for me, so I've been hiding under the bureau a lot, but come out and snuggle when I realize I'm not going back in the cat carrier! Hopefully I continue to heal. Purrrr to you all smile
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2