GO!

Litter box training a new kitten

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Isis

Purred: Wed Sep 19, '12 5:47pm PST 
Do you have any tips. I got my new kitten under my trailer. She is about 5 weeks old. Her and her siblings are using my bed as a litter box right now - not the litter pan that is in the room. We have put them in the litter pan and their poop but they are not "getting" it yet.

Any tips?
[notify]

Isis

Purred: Wed Sep 26, '12 9:00pm PST 
I got them a box, just for them (now I have 2 in the bedroom) the kittens can jump in and out (it's not covered) They use the box, sometimes. But then the go on the bed/floor again (mostly the bed)

they have not ventured out of my bedroom yet (not with a 7 month old boxer/dane lol) But how do I stop the pooping!!

I put the waste in the litter pan. (they also don't cover it up)

Please help! They are gonna be with me for a while til I can find them a new home and I want them trained right
[notify]