GO!

How far do Mother cat's move their babies?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Hero

Play with me!

Purred: Thu Aug 2, '12 1:00pm PST 
Hello,

I ask because there WAS a mother and her two week old kittens (well at they looked that old) living under one of the stairwells in my building. I had seen all them on Monday as I was leaving and then the mother saw me when I got back and I am certain had a melt down about. Today, I went to move all of the box's the construction crew left behind and poof! No Mama and no kittens! I looked through out our entire ENCLOSED SECURED building and can't find them!

I already has worked with my non-profit shelter to place them in foster care but I just wasn't quick enough. And I didn't have the time or the heart to move the kittens out the stairwell when I had the chance. I am really hitting myself over the head for this one because I am typically put my needs second and a furry friends needs first.

Anyways, I was also wondering if I put a new clean box w/bedding in it, that maybe she might come back with the kittens? I was thinking of putting out food too. The conditions of the stairwell has changed since she's been there; I had to sweep up broken glass and what not.

But if some one could give my an idea of far the mothers typically move their young, that would help.

Thanks,
Hero's Mom
[notify]

Hero

Play with me!

Purred: Fri Aug 10, '12 1:33pm PST 
Good news! This story has a happy ending! Mom and kitten's have been put in foster care with my non-profit group after finding thing this morning. The kitten's will be getting homes and are quite precious!
[notify]

RW Angel- Kenji Muto- DB #101b

Meowmie's- Sunshine

Purred: Fri Aug 10, '12 5:47pm PST 
That's great, Hero! Glad to hear the good news! Pawsome!
way to go
Purrs,
Kenji & Family