GO!

Sharing videos

This forum is for Catster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Catster account, or require technical support, the most effective way to get the information to the Techno Cats is to contact Catster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Catster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Romeo

Weekly Whiskers- trick cat- extraordinaire

Purred: Mon Jul 23, '12 5:19pm PST 
Hello fellow Catsters, I'm uncertain how one goes about sharing a YouTube video of our cats here in the forum or somewhere on the site. We have some trick videos we'd like to share with everyone. Thanks!
[notify]

Shade

If your lap is- available, I'll- be there!

Purred: Mon Jul 23, '12 11:36pm PST 
You can put a video on your page, Romeo.

Ben

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Purred: Tue Jul 24, '12 12:35pm PST 
You can upload a video to your page, or you can use an extra bio field to link to a video on YouTube. way to go

Ashlynne

Silly girl

Purred: Tue Jul 24, '12 4:25pm PST 
You can share it here in the forums or in a diary entry, too, as a "rollover" or "hover" link. With a special code, when someone hovers their mouse over the title of the video, the video will show.

Here's where you get the special coding to make the 'rollover' link: http://jonradchenko.com/dogster/forumImage.html

Just follow the instructions! I think you'll need to use the "long link" from YouTube, though. It didn't work for me when I tried the short one. Here's a new Maru video from YouTube, to show how this works in the forums:

Box and Maru 12
[notify]

Beepers

Father of- champions!

Purred: Tue Jul 24, '12 4:42pm PST 
You could also "embed" a YouTube video on the right-hand side of your Catster page. To do that, copy the "embed" code from YouTube, after you've made your selections for size, etc.

Then go to your Account page on Catster:
> Click on "Modify biography & traits"
> Click on "Fun Stuff"
> Paste the embed code from YouTube into the larger field, the "Body" field.
> In the field on the right, enter a "height" number for your video, equal to the height (in pixels) of the video, plus about 30.
> Be sure to click and put a checkmark in the tiny box on the left-hand side, just above where it says, "Show on Profile".
> Click on "Save Fun Stuff".
> After it has 'saved', go to your Catster page. The YouTube video should show on the right-hand side, below your "Bio" and "Forums Motto".
[notify]

Romeo

Purred: Wed Jul 25, '12 3:45am PST 
Beepers - Your step by step instructions worked great to add it to the Caster profile page; thank you! I also will need to learn where else to share the future videos in the community forums and I haven't any idea what a "diary" is that was mentioned by Ashlynne.
[notify]

Beepers

Father of- champions!

Purred: Wed Jul 25, '12 6:41pm PST 
Romeo, a "diary entry" is similar to a blog entry. Cats on Catster can write diary entries in connection with their Catster page, and other Catster members can read them and make comments on them.

To see some diaries, hover your mouse on the orange Community tab near the upper right of any Catster page. A menu will automatically open and drop down. Move the mouse to the last item in the first column and click on "Diary Central". That will take you to a page where links to the 5 most recent diary entries on Catster are given.

To start writing in your own diary, go to "Account" again.
> Look alongside your photo for "Start A Diary".
> Next to that, click on "Compose their first entry now"
> You'll need a title for your entire diary (comparable to the title of a book)
> and a title for your individual entry (comparable to a chapter title).
> Then compose your entry and "publish"!

If you want Catster members to read your diary and view your videos, you should make some "Feline Friends" on Catster. I sent you a Friend request!
[notify]

Romeo

Purred: Thu Jul 26, '12 12:36am PST 
Thanks Beepers! I had my hooman tap out a diary entry to see how this works. I've even added had figured out how to add brother, Kieran to Catster too.

What I can't figure out is why my hooman isn't getting any email notifications whenever you or anyone respond to these questions or when I get a kitty friend requests. The Account settings appear to be to receive email notifications but something is still amiss. We'd apppreciate your input on this pawsitively sticky matter. Thanks in advance!
[notify]

Beepers

Father of- champions!

Purred: Thu Jul 26, '12 5:20pm PST 
Romeo, you won't get an email notification when someone responds to you here in the Forums. You have to check back here to see if anyone has responded. OR you can hover on the orange Community button, then click on "My Forum Posts" in the right-hand column. That will show the posts you have made in the Forums and tell you how many have responded since you made your post.

You should, however, be getting emails about Feline Friend requests if your Account options are set for that. Have you checked to see if your emails have gone to "Spam"? Here are some FAQ's that may help. See the 3rd question:
Frequently Asked Questions

That info says any email will come from dogsters@catster.com but I'm not sure that's correct anymore. My emails come from catsters@catster.com

If the FAQ's don't help, send an email to Support. At the bottom of any page, look for the line that starts with "About Catster". To the right of that, click on "Contact".

You can also find your Feline Friend Requests by going to your Account page again. It's the 2nd item from the top.

Edited by author Thu Jul 26, '12 5:22pm PST

[notify]

Beepers

Father of- champions!

Purred: Thu Jul 26, '12 5:36pm PST 
Romeo, I made a "comment" on your diary entry. You should have received an email notification about it. If you haven't, use the "Contact" link to write to Support about it.

Edited by author Thu Jul 26, '12 5:37pm PST

[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2